Org. Activities

Org. Registration

Org. Activities

Vinzons Hill Tambayan Complex

Vinzons Hall Venue


Requirements (vary) according to specific request:

  • Letter for the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs regarding the Proposed program and full description of the activity and different requests (required for all activity);
  • Letter of Consent from (new) adviser;
    Letter to the Vice Chancellor for Community Affairs requesting for any type of selling and MOA with the different partners, co-partners or concessionaires.;
  • Application form for use of UP trademarks and logo, and printed picture of sample merchandise w/ logo;
  • Application form for use of university facilities and posting of tarpaulins, and sample tarpaulin with dimensions;
  • Letter of request to the Vice Chancellor for Community Affairs when activity includes trucks or bus entry to the University. This should include the plate numbers and description of the specific trucks and buses;
  • List of applicants and Undertaking that the initiation rites and inductions comply with University rules and regulations. ;
  • Application form for request of grant from OICA;
  • Sample of poster to be posted;
  • College Venue reservation form;
  • Letter of Request to the Director of UPDP for police assistance; and/ or
  • Letter of Request to the Dean for use of College Facility.

Guide to Student Organized Activities

Other reminders:
  • Requests for activities are allowed after the organization has been duly registered for the Academic Year.
  • Moratorium of activities is two weeks before final exams.
  • The activity approval form is available at the OSA website.
  • The Certificate of Registration is given only once. It is your responsibility to keep it in safe place.
  • The accomplished activity approval form is a requirement for the stamping of teasers and posters of all student org activities.
  • The schedule for stamping of teasers and posters is 9:00am – 4:00pm only.
  • The promotion of alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and harmful drugs in your activities are not allowed. Please be more selective in your choice of sponsors.

Reiteration from:
17 June 2003 Guidelines
Prof. Ma. Theresa M. Jazmines
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Updated AY 2015-16

Types of Activities

In terms of Venue
  • In-campus.
    Activities to be conducted inside the UP Diliman Academic Grounds.
    Any student organization who wishes to conduct an activity inside the University must submit a properly accomplished Activity Request Form (AAF) to OSA following the schedules of submission to ensure availability of signatories and venue.
  • Off- campus.
    Activities to be conducted outside UP Diliman (regions or provinces), including those outside the academic grounds like UP-Ayala Techno Hub, UP Town Center, Brgy. UP campus, other Universities, Mall (near UP Diliman) venue.
    Any organization who will conduct their activity outside the University must submit to OSA a properly accomplished AAF with approval of the adviser of the off-campus venue and confirmation that the adviser/s or his/her designated representative shall be physically present during the event.

In terms of Objectives/Purpose
  • Academic Activities; activities that promote learning, critical thinking appreciation and research development.
    Cultural Events. Exhibits, Plays, etc.
    Symposia, Conferences, workshops, seminars, forums, Educational discussions, tutorials or lectures with academic nature
    Contests, Quiz bee, etc.
    Alternative Classroom Learning Experience (ACLE)
  • Advocacy and Campaigns; activities that actualizes the core objectives of the org and benefits the welfare of the community.
    Non-IGP Symposia, Conferences, workshops, seminars, tutorials or lectures with non-academic nature.
    Free Film Showing
    Blood-letting/ Drive
    Publicity and Information Dissemination Drives (re. Org. Advocacy)
    Job Fair
    Falsh mobs, mobilizations, etc.
  • Extension Services; activities not related to the original nature of the org but upholds the mission and vision of the University.
    Free Symposia, workshops, seminars, tutorials or lectures; host community members as participants
    Conduct of Educational Discussions, Medical / Dental Missions
  • Organization's Capacity Building Activities; activities that contribute tot he org's growth and development. Symposia, Conferences, workshops, seminars, tutorials or lectures; org. members as participants.
  • Membership Development; Org. Orientation, Recruitment Week, Application Process, Induction, etc. Sports / Health Development. Palaro, Sportsfest, Tournaments etc.
  • Socials; Anniversary Party, Open Tambayan, Grand Pakain, etc. Fundraising. Concerts, film showing, rummage sale, brand sale, merchandise sale, booksale, Bingo, Raffle, etc.

Let us make this year academically and socially satisfying for all of us.

Please follow the guidelines to avoid unnecessary expenses and efforts.

Please visit and read our website for additional information and opportunities for your organizations.

  1. Properly fill out the activity request form (AAF) with the required information and description of the activity. Please note that the Project Head's name appearing in the form shall be the contact person for the approving offices and will be contacted if there are clarifications regarding the activity.
  2. It is required that the AAF be duly approved and signed by the adviser before submission to OSA.
    Electronic signatures of the adviser will not be honored. In the event that the adviser is not available, the organization may look for additional faculty adviser provided that the new faculty adviser shall approve the duties and responsibilities as a faculty adviser and the org must submit to OSA an accoplished form of the “Letter of Consent” from the new faculty adviser.

    • For College-resgistered organizations, the AAF must be approved/ signed by the College Secretary or the Assoc. Dean for Student Affairs or the College OSA Coordinator.
  3. The AAF shall be submitted to OSA for the Coordinator to attest that the requesting organization is duly registered for the Academic year and are entitled to the benefits given to registered organizations.
  4. The AAF shall then be submitted (by OSA) to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (OVCSA) for the approval of the activity and endorsement of the requests.
  5. Upon approval of the VCSA of the activity, the AAF shall be submitted to offices for the approval of the specific requests.
    • Office of the Vice Chancellor for Community Affair (OVCCA) for the use of University facilities and posting of tarpaulins, and, for Brand Sale or any other selling of merchandise within the campus.
    • Technology Transfer and Business Development Office (TTBDO) for use of the UP Logo, trademark etc.
      Dean of College for use of College facilities.
  6. Visit the AAF Trak site. Type the name of your org and search for your activity. If you know your AAF Trak Number you may use it instead of Org's name. If status is "Available for Pick-up" your AAF is already at the OSA and any officer or member can come to claim.


  1. What is the difference between an ARF and AAF?
From 1999 to 2014 the Activity Request Form (ARF) was used but was later updated since 2014 to Activity Approval Form (AAF).

The two forms have almost the same content with minor revisions as needed.

  1. Does an organization need to submit an AAF if the event is at Balay Kalinaw or off-campus and no posters were put up for publicity?
Yes. All activities should be submitted through the AAF. This serves as documentation for the actual events/ activities by the org for that Academic Year.
  1. When are AFFs required?
For all org held activities except for daily, weekly, monthly, committee, and emergency meetings. Or small activities associated to bigger events which are already approved.
  1. What will happen if the org decided to change the date or venue of the activity?
The officer in charge should bring the approved AAF to OSA to inform and update the AAF Trak regarding the changes in the activity.
  1. What if the org will sell tickets?
There are additional forms/ letter to be attached to the AAF upon submission to OSA.
  1. If the org has free food for the participants and members, do we still need to add request for BCO?
There is no need to seek permission for free food unless sampling is involved. Also, the entry of concessionaires
  1. Why are food sales not allowed?
Please refer to Memorandum no. BCO-2012-01 (FOOD SALE), 4 October 2012

Due to health risks and sanitation problems that may be brought about by food sale activities sponsored by various organizations for fund-raising, the conduct of such activities is hereby temporarily suspended. The Business Concessions Office and the Food Service Regulatory Committee shall be directed to conduct a study on the safety and health impact of such food sales activities.

Meanwhile, student organizations are enjoined to explore other creative means of fund raising. - June 15, 2009

  1. What are the allowed sizes of posters?
The sizes of poster allowed are from 8x11 size to cartolina size only. Any poster smaller than a short bond paper is considered as a flier and is not allowed within academic grounds.
  1. Why is the cut-off for first semester, org activities so early?
The moratorium has been the same since 1999. For clarification, all internal activities (GAs, meetings, planning, etc.) are not prohibited. It is only the external events/ activities, e.g. symposia, fun runs, IGPs etc., which the office will not endorse, considering the manpower and efforts the students would need to provide when time should be appropriately given to requirements for end of classes and studying for final exams.

College-based organizations however, may get permission from their respective college heads.

  1. Can you give handouts or print9outs for guidelines and other important memos?
Our office provides whenever requested, however, we want to be environmentally conscious so we always keep our website and social networking sites updated.
  1. Can we reserve a venue even if we are not yet registered as an org?
If the date of activity is within the registration dates and If the organization was officially registered from the previous semester, you may reserve for a venue.
  1. Are the organizations allowed to submit an AAF if we are still not registered during the registration period?
  2. What can we do if we have a scheduled activity during the registration period?
  3. Do we still need to submit an AAF for the Tambayan repainting?
If the date of activity is within the registration dates and if the organization was officially registered from the previous semester, you may submit an AAF for endorsement.

For Tambayan repainting, you need to submit a letter of request to OSA.

  1. What if the organization has a bigger organization off-campus, what are the things we need to do whenever we have events outside with the bigger org?
You need not to submit anything if the officers and members are attending as participants.

You need to submit properly accomplished AAF if you are the organizer of the activity/ event.

  1. Do we have to pay for photo shoots or filming of teasers for the org?
Payment is based on the OVCCA Guidelines on the Use of UP grounds. Submit an AAF so that you may request for discount or waiving of fees for small and/or internal org events.

Photo shoots and filming for ads and partnership with outside companies will be subject to Non-UP Guidelines.

  1. Are Oriental lanterns, banderitas, flags balloons, etc. allowed?
Please be conscious in maintaining and taking care of our environment. Oriental lanterns may start a fire on dry grounds and trees. Banderitas and flags contribute to additional trash after the events if not cleaned up. The CMO and OSA do not have any custodial staff who will clean after the events.

Balloons are not very helpful in the preservation of our marine life. Please read articles on-line regarding this problem/pollution.

We hope that you can come up with more innovative ideas which are more environmental friendly.

  1. Will a self defense ACLE be allowed to take place within the UP Grounds?
Yes and No. Since ACLE is a bi-annual activity headed by the university Student Council, seek help and advise from your councilors in charge and submit AAF to OSA for the endorsement of your activity.
  1. Can informal events be held in the Acad Oval w/o permits? (e.g. mini games)Are there available security/medical service from UP that orgs can contact to ensure safety of the participants during the event? Is it free?
- As long as it is not disruptive to other people and the number of participants is kept to a minimum.

-However, priority shall be given to those who properly reserved for the use of the grounds.

- Security and medical services are available for a nominal fee. The request is included in the forms/ required attachment for the AAF.

  1. Do we have rules on fireworks display and sky lantern flying?
The OVCCA has rules and guidelines in maintaining the academic grounds.
  1. Is UP Town Center an off campus venue?
The UP Town Center is currently not under the UP Administration(on lease). It is considered an off-campus venue.
  1. Where do religious activities fall under the types of activities?
It falls under:

Capacity Building

Membership Development and/or,


  1. My org is currently looking for possible venues within the campus for a fair (food concessionaires, booths, performances, etc.) We'd like to inquire about the rental fees for the Sunken Garden, as well as the first floor of Bahay ng Alumni.
We regret to inform you that we cannot answer your inquiries.

The Sunken Garden is under the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Community Affairs. You may contact them at 981-8500 loc. 8600 or 8601.

The Bahay ng Alumni, is under the UP System. You will have to contact them directly or visit their office at the Bahay ng Alumni.