UP Diliman Representative to the Bureau of Immigration Schedule:

Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (wholeday):OSA, Vinzons Hall Annex

Please schedule your transactions accordingly.

Tuesday and Friday (wholeday): Bureau of Immigration, Department of Justice

UP Diliman Study PErmit



Extension of Student Visa

Special Study Permit

ACR I Card Issuance

Alien Certificate of Registration I-Card Issuance (ACR) Form





Educational Development Fee (EDF) 2010

The EDF has been paid by foreign students in addition to the regular tuition fee since 1988. his fee may be discounted in certain cases. In June 2010 The Revised Guidelines for granting EDF discounts were approved and implemented.


BID's Frequently Asked Questions

  1. When is a student visa necessary?

A Student Visa is necessary if a foreign national, 18 years old and above, intends to take up a course higher than high school in the Philippines. Furthermore, he/she has to have sufficient means of support for education in the Philippines.

  1. Can you enroll in any school in the Philippines and then apply for a Student Visa?

Only selected schools accredited by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) may accept and enroll foreign students. Only then may the foreign student apply for a Student Visa.

  1. What is the difference between Student Visa and a Special Study Permit? When is one required?

A Student Visa is issued to foreign students 18 years old and above and is taking a course higher than high school. A Special Study Permit (SSP) is issued to a foreign national below the age of 18 and/or taking non-degree courses in the Philippines. A SSP is a PERMIT, not a visa. It is issued under the Temporary Visitor’s Visa of a foreign national.

  1. What is an ACR I-Card?

An ACR I-Card is a microchip-based credit card-sized identification card issued to registered aliens replacing the paper based ACR. It has an embedded computer chip with biometric security features capable of data management and can be updated electronically.

  1. Who are required to apply for an ACR I-Card?

All foreign nationals under immigrant and non-immigrant visas includingTemporary Visitor’s Visa who stayed for more than fifty nine (59) days in the Philippines.

  1. How can I apply for an ACR I-Card?

For concrete requirements, procedures and fees for ACR I-Card application, click here.


Back to Top