The Office of Student Activities' creation was approved during the 1069th Meeting of the Board of Regents held on 28 July 1993. OSA is a merger of the previous Student Activity Center (SAC) and the International Students Program (ISP).
The Student Activity Center then became the current General Students Program or GSP. Through the GSP, OSA attends to the concerns of all students regarding Student Activities, Organizations, Student Leadership...
OSA currently attends to 200 University-registered Student Organizations, the University Student Council Elections and the Philippine Collegian Editorial Exam.
Through the International Students Program, the OSA attends to the concerns of international students enrolled in UP Diliman, regarding admission, visas, and study permits. OSA keeps track of their academic progress through the, required submission of grades every semester.
Up until December 2016, OSA attended to the registration requirements of about 220 international students from 20 countries enrolled in UP Diliman. However, with UP's efforts to increase new partnerships with other international Universities and institutions, the administration has centralized all functions and processes related to international matters through the creation of the Diliman Office of International Linkages.
- 1959 - The International Students Program was established and was under the Office of the Foreign Student Adviser.
- 1968 - The first full-time adviser was assigned as part of the Division of Counseling and Guidance.
- 1972 - The first full-time director of the international Students Program under the Office of the Dean for Student Affairs was appointed.
- 1990 - The Student Activities Center was established , as a major service of the Office of Counseling and Guidance, and was headed by a Coordinator. It was conceived and nurtured by Prof. Luis Beltran and later by Prof. Oscar L. Evangelista.
- July 28, 1993 - The Board of Regents, in its 1069th meeting, approved the creation of the Office of Student Activities out of the merger of the Student Activities Center (SAC) and the International Students Program (ISP), and the assignment of the administration of the University Student Council (USC) elections and the Philippine Collegian test. It serves as the central planning and coordinating body for university – wide student activities in UP Diliman in order to enhance the academic and social well-being of the students. It has a two-pronged-program: one for the general studentry and another for foreign students.
- 2007 - OSA is headed by its first faculty administrator.
- 2016 - the ISP is transferred to the Diliman Office of International Linkages
(2014 - Present) Assoc. Prof. Ma. Althea T. Enriquez, PhD.
(2011 - 2014) Asst. Prof. Rommel B. Rodriguez, PhD.
(2007 - 2011) Prof. Oscar P. Ferrer, PhD.
(2006 - 2007) Ms. Belina T. Cuevas, Ed.D., RGC
(2001 - 2006) Ms. Rosalinda C. De Mesa, Ph.D., RGC
(1997 - 2001) Ms. Alma G. Tirona
(1994 - 1997) Ms. Rosalinda C. De Mesa, Ph.D., RGC
Gawad Tsanselor para sa Natatanging Kawani
(2013) Ester Morales- Mendoza
Gawad Paglilingkod Awardees
Maria April Lanot- Estanes
(2016, 5 years of service)
aLyn Macapawa- Silarde
(2016, 5 years of Service)